Sunday, October 19, 2008

Now that's how you start your day!

You wake up at 6 am on Sunday morning when all of your roommates are still sleeping off last nights festivities. You go out in the cold and run in the inaugural 5k for the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial and post one of your best times since before having 2 knee surgeries.

Then once you've finished the run and your cooling down, sipping water, you learn that out of 400 plus runners in the race, you finish 30th. And out of 40 runners in your age division, you come in third(I realize that some of my friends will remind me that I was the second loser)! But, let me also give a shout out to the top 6 overall finishers who were all over 40 years of age! The winner was 41 and he finished in 15:45!

Yes. It was a great way to start my day and my week for that matter. I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I had lost 7 pounds since coming to D.C., and now I'm pretty sure it's due to all of the running that I've been doing. Even though my days and weeks are always busy, I have still found the time and made the effort to continue exercising and this morning it paid off for me.

And by the way, when I got back to my apartment at 11 am, all of roommates were still sleeping.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!
    For the first time in my life...I am speechless! WOW!!
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they say "early to bed and early to rise is the way to be healthy, wealthy, and wise." Good for you!! I moved to DC and I am an RSU alumni, and I work 5 minutes off of Union Station. Compared to Claremore, DC is so brisk! I have to constantly run up and down escalators, make mad dashes for trains,and the metro... I feel you on the losing pounds issue!

    ReplyDelete