Sunday, April 14, 2013

A big ol' church


April 8th – April 14th

This week was a fairly stressful week. Work wasn’t bad or anything. There was just a little confrontation with a roommate, and we wound up getting some mediation. Hopefully it will be all good from now on out! I am ready to come home now. I miss my family, my friends, my drums, and my bed that I actually fit in comfortably.  Plus, I will have my awesome summer job to return to!! I am really looking forward to working at the pool and seeing my favorite patrons again.

This weekend was a good weekend! I explored the National Cathedral with a friend. We met up at the Woodley Park Metro station, got us some drinks, and then trekked to the Cathedral. As far as the Cathedral itself is concerned, it was like the other cathedrals I have seen. I have seen Notre Dame de Reims and Notre Dame de Paris as well as West Minster Abbey, St. Peter’s Basilica, Sacre Coeur, and The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, so it wasn’t as jaw-dropping as it was the first time I saw a Cathedral in Reims, France. Having said that, the grounds of this cathedral were possibly the best I have seen! The gardens were absolutely incredible!! Plus, one of the grotesques, which is like a gargoyle but does not drain water from its mouth, was the head of Darth Vader! I though that was so cool how they incorporated American lore and an evil being into the old ideas and designs.

Only a few more weks and then I am home! I have had such an amazing experience and time here, but I am ready to get home. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment