Wednesday, May 8, 2013

One more week!


April 29th – May 5th

Monday was my last day of programming!!!! I am so glad to be done with that. All I had to do was give a presentation on blind obedience, which I have done numerous times, and then sit through other presentations. Tuesday and Wednesday were both quite boring at work. It has been slow lately, which I am fine with! I have been mentally checked out for like the last week or so. Haha

Thursday ended the boring streak! With work, there really wasn’t much to do. The thing that was fun was that I got to attend a neuropsychology televideo conference. It was so cool! It is a weekly thing that the neuropsychologists fellows and experienced psychologists do on a weekly basis from different facilities. They discuss a case and then someone presents on a topic. I can’t go into details about the patient, but the discussion was cool! One of the neuropsych fellows in the War Related Injury and Illness Study Center (WRIISC) presented on how the different diagnoses related to alcohol overuse are changing in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual’s latest edition, which will come out this month (hopefully). The other things discussed were heavy metal poisoning and therapy treatment for patients with Multiple Sclerosis. Thursday also marked the last lecture for my forensic Psychology class, which I am sad about. I have really enjoyed this class! The professor, Dr. Dieguez, is really cool too. He and I usually talk a lot before class since I always get there super early.

That Friday, I went and hung out with my friend in Virginia for the last time. We went to this great place called Café Rio! It is a lot like Chipotle. I will admit it, I am a huge Chipotle fan; having said that, it was actually better than Chipotle. I was skeptical at first, but my friend was right! After that, we saw Iron Man 3! It was really good! I liked it a lot. I won’t go into details so as not to spoil it, but I really liked it. It was action packed and hilarious from the start! Saturday was fun! He and I just watched movies and played video games. It was a good last hang out! On Sunday, I went to a festival with a friend from TWC! That was a ton of fun! It was a good way to end the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment