Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's official...

I graduated! Yesterday, The Washington Center held a commencement ceremony for all of the interns. They gave us a nice certificate and a t-shirt, but obviously I received much more throughout the entire semester in terms of education and experience.

One of the things I enjoyed about the semester was meeting and being surrounded by other college interns who have the same type of drive and motivation that I have. Having the drive to be successful in life is one of the most important characteristics a person can have.

I know I've mentioned this before, but the semester really went by fast, too fast for me. So, before arriving in DC, I had a long list of all the things I wanted to see and do while I was here. For the most part, I did see and do the majority of the things on the list. But, about halfway through the semester, I realized that every time I would scratch an event, landmark, or monument off the list, I would hear about or see something else that I had not thought about or knew about before. Not to mention all of the sites that I wanted to go back and see a 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th time (Lincoln Memorial). So, unfortunately I can't say that I did everything that I had on my list, but I came close, at least on the original list.

Some of the places I'll try to see one last time for the semester:
  • Lincoln Memorial again, why not?
  • Supreme Court (There's a hearing that I'll try and get into tomorrow!)
  • The White House- I haven't seen the Christmas tree since they put it up
  • Wizards basketball game- I've never been to an NBA game before, so I figured tonight would be a good time, tip-off is @ 7 pm!
  • The perfect night picture of the Capitol, I know just the place.

I'm probably leaving out other places, but if it doesn't happen this time, something tells me I'll be back in DC again.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan!! Good Job, and something tells me this will not be your last trip to D.C> either! Take Care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Ray. I work in Admissions at RSU...Have really enjoyed your blog this semester! Funny that, with all the amazing things you've done and seen, the most comments you've gotten on any blog were about Ty Pennington, haha.

    ReplyDelete