Thursday, December 11, 2008

Last day at work

So, today is the day that I have to turn in my office key and clean out my desk.
I had a lot of fun working with The Potomac Advocates this fall and learned so much about the way things operate in D.C. I was very fortunate to get placed with these guys and I plan on staying in touch with them.

Compared with other internships, The Potomac Advocates really knows how to treat their interns. Not many other college interns were able to spend a weekend at a beautiful resort in Pennsylvania. I was also able to meet a lot of interesting and important people during my time with The Potomac Advocates, such as Congressman Reyes from Texas, Jeff Baxter-the guitarist/defense consultant and a handful of senior military officers.

For our last day at work, we all went to a great seafood restaurant together and then went to the office Holiday Party at The Monacle (I think I mentioned this place on Election Night). It was a great way to spend my last day with everybody.
Thanks for everything Potomac Advocates!

This is a picture from the U.S. Capitol with "The Man". Every state gets to put 2 statues of someone from their state in the Capitol. Oklahoma chose Sequoyah and Will Rogers of course. I knew I could not call myself an Okie or an RSU Hillcat if I didn't take this picture.









2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Ray, looks like you had a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The experience of Washington is just the beginning, You know Ray, the words dont reach to describe the experience, (I said it well:D) and congratulations for your grades!!!

    ReplyDelete